On the exterior, the church is compact and soaring. The walls are of Trenton limestone with sandstone trim, the roof of slate and copper. The height of the church itself, some eighty-five feet, is dwarfed by the tower and spire, about two hundred feet tall. The exterior as we see it now was not completed until 1911. The tower was completed only as high as the roof of the church in 1873; the octagonal portion of the tower was built in 1883 and the spire in 1892. Finally, in 1911, the pinnacles which surmount the walls were installed.
Facade